Monday, August 16, 2010

The 10 min breakfast doughnut!


This morning I woke up with a strange craving... I wanted doughnuts!!!

I was not going to go out and spend a hand a leg (roughly $4) for a pack of six very unhealthy noone knows what's in them doughnuts!

Instead I remembered a recipe from the amish cooks baking book that I had got from the library!

In her doughnut recipe she had talked about how if her mom didn't have the time to make the dough she would use
Refridgerated biscuit dough.

Luckly I opened my fridge to see a tube just waiting for me.
I popped it open layd out the biscuits cut holes in the middle and heated about 2 to 3 inch of oil in a pan over the stove. I heated it up guessing at the readiness. As a test I threw in the cut out holes. They burned within seconds. *sigh*

I turned down the heat and waited about 5 min for the oil to cool a little. I placed the first ring in and within 30 seconds had a light brown side, flipped it and waited another 30 seconds.

I removed from grease and placed to cool while I cooked the other 4. After they were all cooked I coated them in sugar and served.

What a hit!!!!! And a great way to fulfill my cravings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment