Saturday, August 21, 2010

Free Mulch!

I just found someone who was going to pay for mulch!!!

STOP NO DON'T DO IT!!

A lot of the mulches people shell out the big bucks for have awful chemicals and dyes in them that just ruin your soil.

Instead opt for the FREE and easy way!

Find a local tree trimmer and call them up! 99% of the time they will be more then happy to dump a load of freshly chipped tree mulch right at your house!

Not only this but as the non poisonous mulch decays it will add much needed nutrients to the soil!

For local service in the Tampa bay area call Mid Florida Tree Service and ask to be put on their list for a load of mulch!!!

Phone (813) 986-2258 or (813) 986-2133

4 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog via craigslist in Tampa, you have a lovely little blog here. Thanks for the tip about the mulch, what a wonderful idea. Keep posting, you have a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found me! I hope you enjoy and I look forward to reading your future comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would mention, I mulched my vegetable garden with pine needles a neighbor was glad to let my husband rake up and bag for me. And I mulched the walkways between rows with recycled wood chips from the city for free. The pine needles did a great job lowering my very high ph soil, but now I have a million..no trillion..pill bugs and they ate all my corn, squash and turnips. Tried DE and Dipel to get rid of pill bugs, but no effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rake up all the decomposing pine needles, spread a layer of sand and shell (head to the nearest beach and grab a couple buckets full)
    Then add a new layer of fresh pine neddles. The sand hurts soft bodied pests like pill bugs and snails! Pill bugs fest of dead matter so first step is getting the non compost pine needles out!!!! Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete