Thursday, August 12, 2010

The new adventures of kelp meal...

Kelp meal is great at breaking down organic matter that releases the nutrients to your plants. As well as having large amounts of macro and micro vitamins and trace elements.

In general kelp (seaweed) is a great soil amender for any garden.

I just received my 5 pound bag from gardens alive. I read bad reviews about them so I wasn't going to order.
Until they sent me a catalog with a 25$ off coupon. I bought the kelp meal $15 plus the $8 s&h I had a $23 order minus the coupon and it was free. They didn't even make me put in my credit card #.

I didn't believe this could be true (you never get anything for nothing) but sure enough today in the mail my bag of kelp. So thank you gardens alive. In the future I might even buy something from you!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds kinda like a thatch roof, like they have in England... keep 'em cool and happy, also, after a storm, you might find those fallen palm fronds and place on top like they do on Suvivor ...ha!

    I just lost 4 of my baby Brahama chicks, the family of opposums were munching on them... well, they all meet their Maker! Keeping Maybell inside at night till a get a STRONG coop.

    Watch out on the bottom... my mom raised chickens and they had a cement burried 4" wide wall, about 8" deep and had crushed sea shell in there...

    I thought of doing that, the place on Hillsborough, E of 75, they sell it... I got some for my garden area, they have like 4 different crushed sizes...

    also, wanted to mention a fellow I just found today, had a growing box, replica to the Earthbox, cost about 7 bucks to make one... www.josho.com , original plans on another site.... also on the "instructables" site under 2 liter bottle watering system... kinda cool stuff...
    I know, so much out their, too little time. Like yard sales, too little money and too little time.. ha!
    Best of luck with your garden and chickies... take a second look into brahamas, batam style I may go with this time around, also, may look into Serama's, may take 8 of their eggs to equal 2 normal sizes...
    Happy trails... Maureen :) (MaureensMenagerie.weebly.com)
    oh, the kelp, you can add it to your girls feed... it takes 6 regular eggs to equal the Omega 3's and DHA in ONE organic egg, cause I think the growers enhance the feed with that ...

    ReplyDelete