Sunday, October 17, 2010

Around the house this weekend of Oct 15th



This weekend was fulfilling to me.

I cleaned out the kitchen.. i got rid of damaged pots, pans, and utensils.
I organized cupboards and stored the rarely used Christmas and holiday dishware on the top shelf and lowered the daily used items. I cleaned out the pantry to make sure there was no expired foods.

I also drug from behind the shed 2 parts of a wooden gate that used to shield our side of the house ( it will be going back up )..

I got the feeder hooked up in the coop for there soon to be life outside (only need the layer box, and straw.



Also I planted... bok choi, 2 types of spinach (giant noble and bloomsdale), 2 tomatillo plants, 3 tomato plants, some basil seeds, carrots, turnips, pole dry beans, and short day onions. As well as noticing 5 or 6 winter squash on my monster vine and now 2 silks on my corn!
..
Oh yes and got the compost pile really going as talked about in my last post!

3 comments:

  1. Oh doesnt it feel so satisfying to get your space organised. I so rarely am organised myself, just too many irons in the fire and things pile up. Today I tackled the workshop clutter, what a mess (as in what shall I do with this item? Oh just shove it in the workshop, we'll deal with it later...)Now I can actually see the floor!
    kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little chicks are so cute!! It will be fun to watch them grow - hopefully they will be good egg laying hens when they grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well thank you!! I hope they are good egg layers. i cant wait to try farm fresh eggs!!

    ReplyDelete