Saturday, October 23, 2010

The day is here and a little earlier then I thought...



Well my earlier post I was counting down till the chicks went outside.... well ladies and gentlemen they have made the move!!

First I went and got them some treats kind of like a bribe.
I stopped at the local feed shop (feed depot on nebraska and bearss) and got them about 20 worms and 3 pounds of scratch!

They gobbled up the worms chasing each other all around my husband called it chicken football!

I lined their coop with some costal hay and brought them out..


They are eating and drinking as normal and walking and flying all over the coop.

Its supposed to be in the high 80's low 90's during the day and the upper 70's at night for the next week so I thought it was the perfect time. I put a old curtain around 2 of the sides so it would block the draft and am thinking about putting out their heat lamp.


I relized once they were in the coop I had put their feeder up to high so I had to lower it until they grow up a little more!
I raised their water dish off the bottom of the coop about 2-3 inches using some wood.

The coop will be shut for the first 2 days as they get used to the outdoors and then the door will be opened and they will be free to experince the free chicken life!
I will keep you updated on their progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment