Friday, October 15, 2010

Hope comes through...





I have found it difficult to balance work, home, and farm life.

I have even been thinking maybe its to much and to cut down the farm life...
But today I walked outside to my garden beds and marveled at my plants and my love was reborn

My corn plants range from 6 inches to 3 ft and the 3 ft plant even has a baby corn plant with the silks just coming out.
Though this corn won't be pollinated as corn is wind pollinated and needs other silks to grow.

My squash has turned monster and 1 plant has taken over an entire 4 x 4 area covering almost every single inch and has started to produce little squash.

This was the wake up call I needed. I set up my new compost bin, cleared away the weeds spread some bagged compost over the top and got ready cause this weekend is going to be plant and family oriented!!

I started 4 types of lettuce that have popped up. And I have to get the broccoli, turnips, carrots, spinach and beans planted! I got so down I got behind and know its crunch time. With the temps getting into the low 60's at night now I need to get this into the soil while its still warm.

So just remember all my reader friends when life starts to get you down and your thinking you just can't do it anymore
Look at the simple wonders of life and be amazed : )

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to garden throughout the year!We are in New Brunswick, canada and have had 2 light frosts so far. Big push on now to get apples, squash etc put away safely. I do canning, freeze, dry, pickle, store in the cellar, put food away anyway I can. Trying to be as self sufficient as I can, I raise egg & meat chickens, have 2 greenhouses going for tomatoes in summer, greens in winter, make laundry soap, trying to avoid a barrage of chemicals out there. Thought you might like my blog...In older posts theres a lot of stuff I've learned along the way...
    Enjoyed yours!
    kathi

    ReplyDelete