Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Weekend of the 1st at My Up and Coming Urban Farm

Ah so this weekend was very exciting for me!

Watching my little chickens grow and grow. Only being maybe a week old they have already doubled in size and started losing their chick down and started feathering out. Half their wings now have actual feathers!
They are also getting personalites! Henrietta the Buff Orpington is more a laid back let the others step all over her.
Bonnie the Golden Laced Wyandotte is the loudmouth!
And Nugget the Ameracuana is the biggest and leader!

My squash in the garden is about 4 or 5 feet long with lots of flower buds just waiting to open and start producing. I also have a corn that's about 1 and 1/2 foot tall. It looks like there may even be a corn on it!
I'm amending my soil this next couple weeks so I can do some sowing right into the ground!

Also this weekend I got some more seeds. A excellent frying pepper, and lots of diffirent types of tomatoes!!

Oh I almost forgot I made 3 new small garden beds two 1x7 and a 2x2.
The 2x2 will house a banana tree, one of the 1x7 beds will house globe artichokes and the other 1x7 bed will house pineapple!

No comments:

Post a Comment