Sunday, November 21, 2010

Homemade Laundry Soap

Homemade Laundry Soap

1/3 bar Fels Naptha or other type of soap( you can use normal people soap like dove but use a whole bar)

1/2 cup washing soda

1/2 cup borax powder

1 - 2 gallon bucket

1/2 oz of essential oil (optional)

Grate the soap into a sauce pan. Add 6 cups water and heat until the soap melts. Add the washing soda and the borax and stir until it is dissolved. Remove from heat. Add 4 cups hot water and essential oil to the bucket. Now add your soap mixture. Stir. Now add 1 gallon plus 6 cups of water and stir. Let the soap sit for about 24 hours and it will gel into something along the lines of egg white. You use 1/2 cup per load.

Today I am using lilac essential oil as my scent.. mmmmm : )

4 comments:

  1. I love this soap. I have been making my own for a year now and would never go back to the overpriced commercial stuff with all it's questionable chemicals. Both daughter-in-laws are getting a milk jug full with their Christmas goodie basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know i love it!! Did you see my whole page of homemade cleaners?? Its awesome I love this stuff over that super priced toxic stuff in the store!!

    http://organic-gardening-adventures.blogspot.com/p/homemade-household-cleaners.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to give this a try. As a single mother of 3 and no financial help I am in desperate need of cutting expenses. It seems like I wash daily or every other day so this will save me a ton of money. Thanks for sharing! Q: Is borax, washing soda, oil and that soap available at local supermarkets?

    Thanks,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found them all at publix supermarket! : ) great way to save money so are the other homemade cleaners (see tabs at top). Thanks for reading!!!

    ReplyDelete