Wednesday, December 29, 2010

In my prevous post....

I gave you all a challenge to transform a grassy space in your yard (front or back) into a garden bed at least 4 x 8.. take a before and after pic and send to me at bjaukett@gmail.com

you will each be given a post on my blog featuring your pics and you are asked if you like to write a short #escription about yourself your life and why you garden!!

I hope you all take this challenge upon yourself and I can't wait to see your pictures!!!

Send Pictures and a short story to bjaukett@gmail.com or bj_aukett@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany,
    I used to garden in Florida, The southeast coastal area to be exact, and you are right,the soil always seems to revert back to sand very quickly. Sheet composting works quite well, although you must have a couple of beds going at the same time in order to make use of the constant decaying of plant materials. Another method, which was brought to my attention by John Starnes who has a blog entitled John Starnes urban farm which is out of Tampa fl also,in which he uses waterwise containers. Check out his site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading hun! I actually do read Johns blog and have incorporated container planting in my garden though with my dreams to have a oasis of veggies growing it seems I may need a ton of containers. So while I grow short term in my sandy garden beds and containers i will be starting sheet composting in about 3 new beds I'm building up this Winter/ Spring!! Thank you again and I hope you follow my adventures : )

    ReplyDelete