Sunday, January 16, 2011

Seating Space in the garden

Everyone has some space in their yard to sit, a small porch, a table with a couple chairs, a swing, a hammock, a bench something..

I've been thinking a lot about that lately I have a screened in back porch but I wanted something closer to the garden action

So I'm thinking about creating a 6x8 area that will be surrounded by a 1 or 2 foot garden bed filled with short flowers

I would of course use this as a picnic area : )

Does anyone have any zone 9 flower suggestions I've only ever really grown veggies...

Thanks! : )

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! I follow this blog and they are wonderful! Lots and Lots of information about Zone 9. Hope this helps :)
    http://www.hoeandshovel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had great luck with zinnia. They are short and love the heat. Baker's Creek has some pretty jeweled colored ones. I am going to try bougainvillea this year. They are more of a vine but I hear they can be made into a bush. Also, though most of these are bigger, I bet you can find small varieties too: azaleas, hibiscus, and sunflowers. For fun shaped greenery, try elephant ears. I loved those things as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hun! Our Bougainvillea died in last years cold but not without scratching the crap out me!!

    ReplyDelete