Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The sound of music..

Looking towards spring it promises many good things mostly revolving around my garden and up and coming urban farm but also with music.

Being as now my little one is a little older (almost 3) I plan on hitting some festivals as a family this new year!

I have always had a love of music some of my favs being phish, the grateful dead, string cheese, umphreys, zep, wipespread panic, rusted root, and many many others... though in the past years I found myself drifting from my music (its been awful).. now I'm looking for a record player and cd player so I can start grooving again. I put my old cheese cd in and was brought back into the rythem of me..

When I decided to venture out on my own at age 15 I lost everything, my family, my music, my clothes, everything luckily I got the most important back (being my family of course "Hi Mom") and have lately started to try to rebuild my music and clothing collection.

So far the first festival is starting March 24th - 27th this being Suwannee Springfest

The Second which I know I will be attending is the Bear Creek Music and Arts Festival.. after so many fond reveiws and so much good music missed at the last 2 I have promised myself I would go and I think I have a festy pal (Hi Jenn!!!)

So go out to your garden sit down in a sunny patch and turn up your fav cd : )

1 comment:

  1. Music is my ultimate! It is present in everything I do, from work to school to mothering to gardening. It is the essence of my being, and the life force in which all my presence inhabits. Sounds crazy metaphysical, I know, but it is the one constant in my life, the one thing that I have always had and no one tried to control or take away. Through it I discover strengths and faults in myself and the world around me. I am a firm believer that I would be some sort of bard or minstil had I been born in a earlier time. :)

    I can't wait for the festival!!!

    ReplyDelete