Friday, February 4, 2011

Fresh from the Garden: Mashed Turnips

Having turnips right for the picking outside I decided to make mashed turnips as a side dish tonight!

Right from the garden peeled and cubed I'm quite sure it will be so yummy!!

I have white globe turnips that have produced wonderfully this year and I hope I can find recipes to match.

Mashed Turnips:

3 or 4 peeled and cubed turnips
1 to 3 Potatoes peeled and cubed (amount depending on your prefernce)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Milk, Cream, or Ranch
A tablespoon of butter
Tablespoon minced garlic (optional)

Boil turnip and potato cubes for around 15 min or until easily cut with a fork (DO NOT add salt to water).. drain water and mash until your desired consistency (some people like chunky some smooth), add butter and ranch (or milk/cream)
Mash together.. add salt pepper and garlic to taste... serve with whatever toppings you enjoy on normal mashed poatoes.. ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment