Friday, March 4, 2011

The Neighbors...

My backyard borders 3 houses.. House 1 has a wood privacy fence... house 2 has no fence but is installing one.. house 3 (the back) have no fence and have a huge mean dog. Ok so no fence and backyard is bad news so you think. Luckily I have a 4 ft chain link fence but here's the problem. The big mean dog loves to bark and growl at the fence when my family is in our yard.. I put up some of that reed fencing as a temp fix but less then a year later its already falling about..

The fix? I stopped at home depot today to see if there wood was on sale (no luck) instead I walked out with four 18 gallon blue buckets that have rope handles. I will drill holes about 3 inchs up from the bottom and stick these along the back fence. I plan to fill them with good soil and compost. To plant in them I have plants that will grow to be pretty large.

4 - 18 gallon totes with 4 plants:

1. Oleander
2. Sea Grape
3. Hibuscus
4. Azeala

Not only will these look beautiful they should grow to hide back fence (and dog)

1 comment:

  1. Oooo my oleander is huge! Easily 10 feet tall and 6 feet wide. It was here when I moved in. It has beautiful pink and white flowers all summer. You will love that!

    ReplyDelete