Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fridge Pickles!


Fridge Pickles Recipe: (Given to me by my momma)

1 3/4 cup water
1 Tablespoon kosher salt
3 Tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 bunch of fresh dill
4 pickling cucumbers
2 medium garlic gloves cut in half

Mix water, vinegar, and salt in bowl.
Get a canning jar and add half the dill, and 2 (half) garlic cloves to the bottom.
Pack half full of cucumbers and add the rest of the dill and half garlic gloves.
Fill with rest of cucumbers and pour well mixed liquids on top until it covers ALL cucumber. Cover tightly and wait at least 2 days before eating!
Good for up to 3 weeks!


I made these today in about 20 minutes! : )

I will update with taste, crunch, etc!

June 14th update on homemade pickles: So yummy! Crunchy, sour, dilly, perfecto! My 3 year old has already voiced wanting to eat up the entire jar tonight : ) Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment