Sunday, June 12, 2011

Repost of my homemade laundry soap!

Homemade Laundry Soap

1/3 bar Fels Naptha or other type of soap( you can use normal people soap like dove but use a whole bar)

1/2 cup washing soda

1/2 cup borax powder

2 - 3 gallon bucket

1/2 oz of essential oil (optional)

Grate the soap into a sauce pan. Add 6 cups water and heat until the soap melts. Add the washing soda and the borax and stir until it is dissolved. Remove from heat. Add 4 cups hot water and essential oil to the bucket. Now add your soap mixture. Stir. Now add 1 gallon plus 6 cups of water and stir. Let the soap sit for about 24 hours and it will gel into something along the lines of egg white. You use 1/2 cup per load.

I'm having Ronnie (the fiance) make it for the first time as I ran outta time this weekend! We are using Fresh citrus scent for this batch!

2 comments:

  1. what is washing soda?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie! Washing soda is a highly alkaline compound (Pure and Natural). Used to remove stains from laundry. I actually found mine at Publix supermarkets in their cleaning section. (I think it cost $2)the brand i got was Arm and Hammer. Thanks for asking! For reference I bought all my ingredients for under $8 and have made over 9 gallons(so far) and have used only half (or less) of the boxes!

    ReplyDelete