Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday Morning Market



Today I made a trip to St. Pete where I went to the local Saturday Morning Market and for the first time they have summer hours and a new summer location! They are located this summer in Williams Park from 830am to 1pm.

They have about 30 vendors ranging from produce to clothing.

I found myself wanting something at every booth and having to stop myself!!

Grass fed beef, fresh produce, handmade pottery, local artwork, raw dairy, butter, cheese, free trade clothing, herbs, fruit trees, food (I had the yummiest spinach and feta pastry), and other wonderful goodies.

I met some fantastic people and found some fantastic local businesses that I can't wait to share with you!!

Today's Purchases:

Dried hibiscus flowers (for making tea or lemonade)
Fresh herbed goat cheese
Wisonsin cheese curds
Watermelon
Florida corn
Red potatoes
Ruskin tomatoes
Lemons
Pineapple
Kirby cucumbers (for pickles)
A loaf of sourdough bread
A mini sun dried tomato loaf
Pepper jack cheese breadsticks
A eco bag (to hold my produce while shopping
Stevia Herb

No comments:

Post a Comment