Saturday, June 11, 2011

Ybor Farmers Market

When I did a search for local farmers markets this one popped up and I was excited because it was close to home. Sadly i hesitate to even call this open air market a "farmers market". Mostly filled with art there were a couple vendors that stood out.

There is a local baker couple who make ALL organic breads. Sprouted Grain Wheat Bread, Sourdough(I got), and Cinnamon Raisin Bread(I got) which they gave a taste to my daughter and she gobbled up! It was $6 a loaf or 2 for $10



Next the vendor is a LOCAL produce hydroponic grower. This gentleman does not have a super sized selection but the basics. I got zucchini, pickling cucumbers, and a single head of corn that he gave to my daughter as a gift. Everything was decently priced and organic. I got 12 pickling cukes for $4, 4 large zucchini for $3, and of course the free corn : )

My grandma bought some local honey from another vendor and at another art vendor a future gift for someone!

It was a good trip but I don't think ill be making the drive in the future.

I did discover though, a LOCAL farmers market but that is only open once a month(first Sunday) and I already missed it this month. So next month ill be sure to check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Its July 3rd and its the Hyde Park village fresh market my grandma says its mostly Local growers so I'm super excited! We should also check out Saturday morning market together on your side of the bridge! : )

    ReplyDelete