Sunday, July 24, 2011

Well its Been Quite a Sunday

Hey happy sunday! It seems we've grown in readers!
Welcome new friends!!!!

So today has been quite a day! First I started by watering everything cause today looked to be a scorcher with no rain -_-
I started picking up the trash that has littered our yard.. pieces of edging, junk wood, plastic bags, etc
Jerry and his wonderful wife stopped by to pick up their tiller and brought me a bunch of banana plants and enough strawberry plants to fill both small beds!!! I was more then happy to share some kelp meal, a mix of organic items for a organic fertilizer, dried hibiscus flowers, and some coneflower seeds.

We got the banana trees planted right away, they are now mulched with hay and deep watered. Just about a hour ago I filled the strawberry beds and planted those! 7 plants each bed : )

Yesterday I made a new batch of all purpose cleaner and I just love how well it cleans without that overpowering smell and finger wrinkling chemicals!!
All-Purpose Cleaner
This cleaner you make right in your spray bottle

2T vinegar
1 t Borax
Hot water
A few drops of a mild dish detergent
10 drops of essential oil, optional

In a 16 spray bottle put vinegar, borax and hot water. Swish around until borax has dissolved. Add the drops of dish detergent and fill the rest of the bottle with water. Add the essential oil.


I'm waiting till this evening when it kind of cools off to spread the other hay bale around the backyard but may not get to it.

Hope everyone had a productive and joyous weekend!!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment