Saturday, July 30, 2011

Why 100% orange juice isnt 100% orange juice..

So we make a choice to buy 100% orange juice! Great! Except now we know its not.
These juice company's may list their item as 100% orange juice (not from concentrate) but they may not be telling 100% of the truth.

The first step in making that yummy juice is putting it into a huge vat and sucking all the oxygen out of it.. HUH? Well this keeps the juice fresh for about a year.... BUT.... it also removed the orange flavor...

So who wants to drink pulpy juice that has no taste? No one so these company's hire the perfume smell producers to create "flavor packs" this pack puts the orange flavor, smell, etc back into this juice... seem crazy?

So how do they get away with not putting that on the label? Well since the flavor packs are made from orange by products its not required.

It disgusts me that we can drink chemical flavor packs and have no idea. This all ties into the fact that all foods should have clear and accurate listings of what's inside. GMO, chemicals, etc

Well I have a glass hand juicer and I think I may just plant a orange tree. Yet another disappointment in our contemporary food system.

3 comments:

  1. got my grandmother's glass juicer right here! too true you've read Oranges by j. mcphee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it, but now I'm interested!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy outstanding blog! Does running a blog
    similar to this take a great deal of work? I've virtually no expertise in computer
    programming however I was hoping to start my own blog in the near future.

    Anyways, if you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners please share.
    I understand this is off subject nevertheless I
    just needed to ask. Thanks!

    My website cougar

    ReplyDelete