Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Its Been A Sad Day.

Today is my grandmothers birthday which is supposed to be a joyous occasion, but just as we were leaving to pick her up for dinner she called to say there was a change in plans.


Our dear friend of the family for many many years (her name is Erni) was dying, she has been battling leukemia, and after a failed bone marrow transplant they knew there was not much they could do. We went and picked my grandma up and brought her to Erni's house where her loved ones were gathered and my grandma went into the room to say her goodbyes. She is unresponsive but her heart keeps going. I wasnt sure i wanted to see her like that after all the wonderful memories i have of her but I had to. The woman laying in that bed was not Erni.. It couldnt have been....

This is truly a sad day.

Erni.. your love and wonderful spirit will live on in all who met you.. I love you

3 comments:

  1. words never suffice it seems but that you chose to stand with her, at that hour, is a defining moment and on the soul level, known.

    ReplyDelete