Thursday, September 1, 2011

What to Plant this Month~ September (Zone 9)

In September...
Plants Seeds Of:
Southern peas
Beans: Bush, Pole, Lima
Sweet Corn
Swiss Chard
Cucumbers
Eggplant
Peppers
Squash
Tomatoes
Broccoli
Cabbage
Celery
Collards
Endive
kale
leek
Lettuce
Mustard
Bulb Onions
English Peas
Radish
Turnips
* Plant strawberries late this month through October. Choose healthy and quality transplants.
* When planting fast maturing vegetables, make several plantings at 10-14 day intervals to have a steady harvest.

4 comments:

  1. After years of dragging my heels, feeling like I just don't know enough to get started, I just went down to the store and bought $5 worth of various seeds. Of course, looking at your list, I realize most of what I purchased isn't on there! (Pumpkins, carrots, radishes and watermelons)

    Oh well. At least I have some sprouts which is pretty exciting for an arm chair gardener such as myself.

    On a related subject, it seems like for all the work put into making the plants grow, there's not enough yield to feed a family. How does that work? How do you estimate how much to plant? There's so many endless choices of things to grow, I have a difficult time making up my mind. I'd like to provide the majority of veggies and fruit on our plates eventually. It just seems like an impossibility at the moment because for all the reading I've done, I still don't feel prepared to actually put any of that book knowledge to the test.

    What made you get started??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well carrots and radishs are coming up soon, watermelon was last month, and pumpkin is a squash so its time to plant : ) everything else is a really good blog topic so ill post it there : ) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moringa Oleifera is popular all over the world. It is known as miracle plant because it has major contribution in medical field. All parts of Moringa Oleifera are very useful such as roots, flowers, and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Thank you, I have a post all about Moringa :)

    ReplyDelete