Sunday, October 9, 2011

Home Cookin #6~ Apple Pork Chops

As you all can probably tell Fall is my favorite season to cook followed by winter. I just love everything that's in season. Cinnamon, apples, pumpkins, squash.. Yum yum!

Today I'm cooking up a wonderfully delightful dish called.. Apple Pork Chops!!

INGREDIENTS:

~ 4 thick pork chops
~ 1/4 onions - peeled, and diced
~ 2 1/4 cup apple juice
~ 6 tablespoons brown sugar
~ Salt and pepper to taste
~ 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
~ 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
~ 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
~ 2 apples - peeled, cored and sliced

Directions

~ Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
~ In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg, set aside.
~ In another small bowl add 2 cups apple (Leaving 1/4 cup to the side) juice with 1/8 cup brown sugar, mix well and pour in baking dish, lay you pork chops in and bake for 30 minutes
~ Flip chops after the 30 minutes and bake another 15-20 minutes until done (while they finish baking complete apples and sauce).

~ Add butter to skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture, apple juice, onion and apples.
~ Cover and cook until apples are just tender, and onions have turned clear. Remove apples and onions with a slotted spoon and place in a covered dish in the microwave to keep warm.

~ Continue cooking sauce uncovered in skillet, until thickened slightly.


~ Take out chops from the oven when done (throw out any apple juice marinade remaining), and lay apples on top.
~ Spoon sauce over apples and chops.

~ Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good!!! I don't eat port, but I might try it with chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it'd be yummy with chicken to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a turkey tenderloin in the freezer and I have some apples I need to use, so I might try this out for dinner on Sunday. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete