Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Potluck Food~ Crustless Veggie Quiche

Yesterday was my first time hosting a potluck! It was fantastic! Super nice people, great food, and fun times! I made tea and crustless quiche.. YUMMM!!

Ingredients:

~ 6 Fresh Eggs (from the hens)
~ about 1 1/2 cup milk
~ 3 dashes of greek seasoning
~ a handful of moringa leaves
~ 1 cup shredded cooked turnip greens (starts off as about 2 cups when uncooked)
~ 1/4 cup cooked green onion (starts off at about 1/2 cup when uncooked)
~ A couple spoonfuls of cream cheese
~ 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:

~ Start off by preheating oven to 350..
~ On the stove heat a cast iron skillet on medium heat
~ throw in 1/2 cup uncooked green onion and 2 cups uncooked shredded turnip greens (de-stem and tear into small sections)
~ add enough water to cover the bottom of pan with about 1/2 inch of water)~ cover
~ cook for 10 minutes until tender
~ In a small bowl whip up eggs, milk, and greek seasoning
~ Stir in cooked onions and turnip greens
~ Add fresh moringa leaves
~ Add both cream cheese and shredded cheddar and whip again until everything is mixed through
~ Pour into pie pan (if you want crust lay a unbaked pie crust into pan first then pour mixture inside)
~ Cook on 350 for 1 hour

It was the first thing gone so I know I need to make 2 pans next time :) I am making it again for Dinner tonight since the family didn't get a chance to try it! This time I'm making 2 pans and freezing one for a quick meal down the line!!

3 comments:

  1. I think I will try this with kale instead of turnip greens, since thet is what I have. I dont know what moringa leaves are..can you suggest a substitute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its just a fresh small nutrient rich leaf you can leave it out completely if you'd like since it doesn't have much of a taste or just pick a native wild edible and throw a handful in :) Its very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But how did the potluck go??? Where is all the excitement??? =))) No pix or anything? =((((

    ReplyDelete