Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Kiddie Pool "Pizza" Garden

I call this a pizza garden because its a round pool garden split into 6 pieces for planting of different types of veggies :)

I started with a simple kiddie pool I picked up on clearance at Walmart for a total of $7.49.. I drilled holes 1 inch up from the bottom every 6 inches or so..

I put it in its new home and filled the bottom with compost, added chicken poo rich hay for the middle and topped the whole thing with a large amount of organic garden soil we were given by another gardener (THANK YOU!!!!)

We laid thin bamboo pieces to section it into pieces.. we sprinkled each slice with a different type of green.. 4 types of lettuce, pasia greens, and essex rape

Now we wait for it to sprout and start giving us our salad bar for the winter :)

1 comment: