Monday, November 21, 2011

My Quote..

I have been thinking a lot recently about a question I get asked all the time so I made a quote out of it, and after i wrote it and posted it on Facebook I realized how much I love it.. so here it is for you

"I get asked often why on earth a 20-something would spend all of her free time in the garden, or buried in books instead of out having a "life".. I'm quite confused by this question because I see this as the real "life", what am I supposed to do? Go to bars and clubs every night? Its just not me.... I would much rather be planting a seed, harvesting a fruit, or just enjoying the beauty and wonder mother earth gives us.. Its ok don't feel bad for me, because friend I feel bad for you"
~ Brittany Aukett

3 comments:

  1. gardens are life, microcosms of the known world that we nurture and receive so much more from. Besides no one thinks of the great gardens of the world and says wow great lawn, everyone is in too much awe. Anyhow as I use to say to a friend of mine who was a farmer everyone wants to eat no one wants to be the farmer, not all remember the beauty of the world as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people have such empty meaningless disconnected lives and dont even know it. At no time have so many been medicating themselves and their children, when really all they need to do is get outside and get connected with the natural world.
    Brittany you would really relate to the book "Last Child in the Woods" Have you read it? Excellent study of nature deprivation and its effects on children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read it but have just added it to my list :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete