Monday, December 26, 2011

The Loss of a Pet


Today we lost Shadow our wonderfully loving hen. She was the friendliest hen of the bunch and we all loved her dearly. She had been having a hard time breathing and when we awoke today she had past.. in what looked like her sleep which is how I hope.

It is very sad and I am crying as I write this but we thanked her for making our life brighter, and we know that this is part of raising animals.

Her sisters seem to be confused and are looking for her..

She is in the back of our yard buried and surrounded by stones.. complete with a marker and a flower.

Thank you shadow for your eggs, and blessing our life!



2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I love Shadow's marker ;-) I keep going back and forth about getting chickens but can't stand the thought of losing any of them... which sends me back to the "no chickens" side of the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go for it.. and I will continue to.. yes it very sad but we are thankful for the time we had.. and we gave her a good life.. I thought her marker was very appropriate :)I hope you decide to go for it.. it is very rewarding and a great fun learning experiment!!

    ReplyDelete