Thursday, December 29, 2011

Strawberry Season

Its the start of strawberry season and I am loving it!!!

My strawberry plants are producing like crazy though the birds keep getting to the ripe ones before me (yes I'm going to get bird netting ASAP) but its good to see such happy plants :)

We took a drive to plant city to enjoy strawberry and citrus season..
We picked up a flat of strawberries for $14, then filled up on fresh strawberry shortcake and strawberry milkshakes that will just blow your mind!!!





We came home and I'm still using up that flat of strawberries! So far I have 8 half pint jars of strawberry jam, 7 half pint jars of strawberry lemon marmalade, and am going to make strawberry lemonade concentrate and maybe strawberry wine jelly, all this and still every time I turn around my daughter has red stained hands and mouth :)

Strawberries are one of my fav fruits so this time of year is perfect for me!!! :)

YAY for eating and canning in season!!!

Above: Strawberry Lemon Marmalade

Below: Strawberry Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment