Saturday, January 14, 2012

Seed Organizer

Since I ALWAYS have many packs of seeds (I like my variety's) I have to keep them organized or they would be all over the house.. So after about 6 months of having them in a basket I created my seed binder and have kept them this way ever since.. :)

Below is a look at my closed binder.. I got one with a clear sleeve on front so i could slip my seed order papers in front so I always havea record of what I have ordered and from where..


Below.. we have a open look at my seed binder

As you can see I took those nifty little sports card plastic binder holders and placed my folded seed packs into a slot.. each page holds 9 packs.. I organize mine this way.... warm season/ cold season/ herbs/ flowers/ perennials

I think this is a great way to organize and stay compact.. I slip my binder into the fridge door and it takes up almost no space..

Hope this helps! :)

Click HERE to check out other peoples homesteads!

8 comments:

  1. Nice! What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm raiding the kids closet right now for binders! Fabulous idea!! Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! You could also slip notes into the slot if you had something specific about that variety you wanted to remember! So simple, but so useful!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Idea! if you had the space you could also put them in an over the door shoe organizer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to try this! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete