Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pictures around Sunny Spot Gardens ( Feb 4th, 2012)

Lemon Grass

Phone Book Pots

Honey Suckle

Part of front yard

Asparagus

Just sprouted bunching onions

Celery sprouted from a cut bottom (day 10)

Part of the backyard

Mulberry Tree

Lemon Tree

First Leaves on Peach Tree

Our big hens (just over a year old)

Pea Flowers

Potatoes

Kale

Mustard Greens

More winter greens

Garlic

Strawberries

Blooming Tomatoes

Turnip

Compost

Tomatoes

Chickens (1 1/2 months old)

Blueberries

High Chair Parsley Garden

Chicken Face

Strawberry Jam from my first ever canning class

Our week and a half old buff orpington chicks

Strawberry Lemonade (homemade)

Check out what going on at others homesteads

5 comments:

  1. I loved all the pics! I grew up in Kansas farm country but living in the big city out east now. Are the phone book paper pots hard to make? I was about to put mine in recycling but would love to use some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @tip they are super super easy! heres my link to making them! http://organic-gardening-adventures.blogspot.com/2012/01/transform-phone-book-into-little-seed.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time visit! I love your picture, makes me want to start planting more today. That was a great Idea using phone book pages, I have just always used news paper!

    My Blog: http://theredeemedgardener.blogspot.com/2012/02/why-grow-your-own-veggies.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see your growing asparagus..I was told it wouldn't grow here because it doesn't get cold enough. Did you start from seed? I saw some bulbs? at Walmart for asparagus..I would love any advice you could give. Thanks for sharing your pics aand knowledge.

    ReplyDelete