Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Healthy Eating

There comes a time when its important to take another look at your eating/ exercise habits, I take notice after looking at old pictures and seeing my 100 pound weight gain since I got pregnant consume my health, this combined with the fact they ordered my wedding dress 1 size to small..

Well I downloaded a app onto my phone that tracks starting weight, food consumed daily, and exercise.. you do a once a week weigh in and put how much you would like to lose a week, I want to lose 2 pounds a week so I am on a 1700 calorie plan + exercise 5 times a week for 10 minutes each.. My goal is to lose 24 pounds in 3 months. I am working in 3 month periods, until I reach my goal amount which is 78 pounds.

78 pounds lighter I will be healthier and happier.

Less soda will be consumed since that is my weakness, as well as less red meats and more fish. More veggies both raw and cooked will be eaten, and processed sugars will be replaced with fruits. Only healthy snacking will be done, no chips, candy, or other junk.

I think this will be interesting to watch progress and since we grow our own healthy foods that's easy, its just getting rid of the cravings for the bad crap that will take some work.

2 comments:

  1. Hey something to take a look at http://www.westonaprice.org/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kicking sugar is SOOOO hard! I have a dark chocolate bar-a- day habit. Thank goodness I never liked soda pop, 10 teaspoons of sugar in one small can!!! That would sabotage any diet. You can do it Brittany, exercise as much as you can, along with your streamlined diet. Have you tried Zumba? Its great fun and you go for about an hour and burn loads of calories.

    ReplyDelete