Saturday, June 23, 2012

I am still a woman after all.

Most girly stuff doesn't exist 'round my house, I am after all a girl whose favorite nail polish happens to be caked mud, but every once in a while I find myself craving something just a little feminine.

Today my wonderful fiance and I hit up home depot armed with a gift card. We came home with 20 cinder blocks.

I created a new garden in the front yard. A standard rectangle to fit between 3 beds that were already there. I stepped back and looked at my yard, all corners and edges. Nothing about it said a woman runs this yard.

I peeled all the bricks back leaving the open space, and contemplated what I wanted to do with it.

I arranged everything and with my daughters approval I stepped back and looked. Much Better.

This is what my new garden space looked like:


3 comments:

  1. You are a nurturer! Nothing is more feminine than that! (I do like you heart, though :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. A garden full of love. I liked it so much.

    ReplyDelete