Monday, July 23, 2012

July 2012 at Sunny Spot Gardens

It has been a pretty mild summer, the almost daily afternoon storms have kept us around 90 for the highs and cools us off early. The sweet potatoes have taken off and are throwing out vines like crazy, the white sweet potato bred for its leaves has consumed a 10x5 plot from a single plant. The roselle is huge and happy, the collards are mostly surviving and the never ending kale finally ended. The tropicals are going nuts and the papaya is throwing out its first flowers (its a lady), I tasted my first every muscadine grape from my own vine and LOVE it, the triumph variety we have is doing very happily right now sending out new growth and ripening the bunches of fruits it has on it.

The remaining duck and chickens have bonded and now she puts up a racket if we dont let them sleep together. The front yard is almost done it just needs one more garden bed built, pathways need mulching, and the gardens need compost added.

My wedding is 10 days away and once it is finished I will start a lot of the seeds for fall!! What a great life I have! :)

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you and if you had done the deed yet :-)!
    I would love to see pictures of your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be taking pictures shortly!!! :)

    ReplyDelete