Thursday, August 9, 2012

Im Back

I am back for a little bit (Honeymoon is at the end of the month)but for what seems like the first time in a while I took a deep breathe and ventured into my backyard.

I am saddened.. The yard has been over run with weeds... time to start weeding and de-grassing the front and back yard again.. I will lay out more hay for mulch, pull all the weeds then top the soil with compost, blood, bone, and fish emulsion.
The cool thing is our duck aflack started laying the day before our wedding and has since laid 6 eggs (thats in 8 days) so I think for a Peking which is a meat bird that's very good. I cannot wait to see how they taste compared to our chicken eggs.

The front gardens are ready to be filled and I finally get to start planting the fall crops (both the warm and cold season)

For our wedding we received a hammock, so we cleaned up the porch and stuck it out there, its most awesome. I love laying in it while its raining just listening to the patter of the rain on the metal roof. :)

5 comments:

  1. OMG ur finally back!!! Yay! =)))
    Hope the wedding went awesome and have fun during ur honeymoon =)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Married Lady!!! Looking forward to hearing about what you are planing for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Im ready to get back in the garden and back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to work in the garden with you again wifey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to work in the garden with you again wifey

    ReplyDelete