Monday, July 22, 2013

Grilled cheese

This city gal has an addiction to grilled cheese but not the kind you may remember from your childhood, while the processed cheese and over buttered sandwiches may remind you of a simpler time I prefer new and updated cheese. I found a place that goes to local farmers markets grilling up some unique grilled cheese but at $5-$6 a sandwich I cant afford such yumminess so I took it upon myself to craft my own noms at home.
 
My first sandwich was cheddar cheese, goat cheese, and fresh Georgia peaches on sourdough bread with just a touch of butter in the pan. It was Yum!

The one I made today was cheddar cheese, goat cheese, and wild raspberry jam that my mom from IL made. The whole thing was dipped in marinara sauce. AMAZING!

I use sharp cheddar cheese as my base cheese, and since I have a unnatural addiction to all things goat cheese I tend to add that to EVERYTHING. Fruits add a touch of sweetness and you can use fresh or canned. Next I will add things slivered almonds, veggies, and other goods to try other crazy yummy combos.

Hail to the grilled cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment