Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Book Review: A City of the Falling Sky

I just finished reading A City of Falling Sky which you can get on amazon kindle (or the free app) for FREE right now (as of Jan 8th, 2014). The book had me hooked and I have only been reading that for days. Reading it during my lunch break, late at night, early in the morning, pretty much anytime I could. If you can look past the poorly edited parts where simple words are misspelled the book is simply amazing.

It follows a young student in a fictional city of Skyfall after being kicked out of their homeland. The first chapter leaps right in and I was confused for a few pages until things were made clear. In this city this young man must make friends and learn the ways of these city folk. There is a game called friction  which is the most popular thing in Skyfall. It is a virtual world that immerses the player in a suspended pod to link their body up to an avatar. They can then trek through different worlds and compete.

 The book is full of plot twists some that are so page turning you may just lose track of time completely as you dont want to set the book down. You have your bad guys and good guys but its well put together with great story telling. I laughed, and I even teared up in parts, I consider this a great read and for FREE I think everyone should give it a try! If you read it let me know what you think!

http://www.amazon.com/City-Falling-Seckry-Sequence-Book/dp/0957291205/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389235430&sr=8-1&keywords=city+of+falling+sky

No comments:

Post a Comment