Sunday, March 2, 2014

Working around the yard on this lovely Florida day!

Today is the 2nd day of March and its in the high 70's with blue skies and a wonderful breeze. A perfect day to start knocking out the heavy work that needed to be done OUTSIDE the house. Trash needed to be picked up, dirt moved, garden beds made, pond cleared out, and so one. I decided to tackle the yard 1 area at a time so I am working on the first corner. This area used to be where the rabbits were kept so the ground is rich with poop. I removed all the trash into a large pile then built a garden bed. Next I cleared out the old pond that had a leak in it so wouldn't hold water, I removed all the pond plants and saw how wet the soil was that was in there meaning it was able to hold water better then the ground so I filled it with dirt and dug up my bananas placing them in the old pond turned wet garden, I also added lemon grass and mint to the bed. I am also working on emptying out the old pool gardens that had become root bound weed growers and adding new soil to grow our herbs in.

Our dirt pile

New garden bed on the rich rabbit poop soil


Pond turned garden

1 comment:

  1. hey this roger from zephyrhills ya need any horse poop let me know i'll stall my girls and get some built up.

    ReplyDelete